13 February 2007

-20°C and Fire

A fire happen to break out in the adjacent block. The fire fighters spent hours trying to contain the fire. No one died but there were a couple of shops/restaurants that were completely brought to rubbles and the adjacent restaurants and businesses were damaged by water/fire.

I was amazed to see the fire fighters out there with a temperature of around -20°C (would be even lower if you consider the windchill factor). My fingers were actually freezing while holding the camera and I had to put my hands in my pockets after every few pictures. Below you can see a few of the images which catch they eye and depict the extent of the fire and hard work by the firemen.


Smoke Column
Doesn't that look like a staircase?

Fighting Fire
Brave firemen fighting the fire

Fire Ice and Man
Fire on back of the building and ice on the front! Isn't that an antithetical situation?

More pictures here.

No comments: